Institution and general acts of organisation
The Department for Digital Transformation is the support structure for the Minister for Technological Innovation and digital transition for the promotion and coordination of government actions aimed at defining a unified strategy for the digital transformation and modernization of the country through digital technologies. It implements the Minister's directives in this regard and ensures the coordination and execution of digital transformation programmes.
The Department was conceived as an effect of:
- the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers (DPCM) of 19 June 2019 (Amendments to DPCM 1 October 2012 - Department for Digital Transformation and other structures);
- the DSG dated 24 July 2019, which sets out "the Internal Organisation of the Department for Digital Transformation";
- DM 3 September 2020: Amendments to the DSG 24 July 2019. The Department has taken over several projects initiated by the Digital Transformation Team during its three-year term, in continuity with what was written in the White Paper, the Team's policy document.
The Department for Digital Transformation, coordinated by Luca Attias, appointed by DPCM 5 November 2019 (PDF) (PDF) is the support structure to the Prime Minister for the promotion and coordination of the Government's actions aimed at defining a unified strategy on the digital transformation and modernisation of the country through digital technologies.
It implements the Prime Minister’s directives in this regard and ensures the coordination and execution of digital transformation programmes. In addition, the Department provides support to the PM in exercising the functions referred to in Article 8, paragraphs 1-ter and 3, of Law Decree No. 135 of 14 December 2018, in exercising supervision over the company referred to in Article 8, paragraph 2, of Law Decree No. 135 of 14 December 2018, and in participating in international institutional fora in which technological innovation and the European Digital Agenda are discussed. The Department consists of:
- an office for technological direction, headed by Paolo Donzelli;
- an office for administrative management, headed by Gabriella Salone;
- a digital transformation team, led by Paolo de Rosa;
- a team for technological innovation, led by Davide Falasconi.
More information on the organisation of the offices can be found on the official website of the Presidency of the Council.